HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

*** 2018 Nationals ***

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: *** 2018 Nationals ***   Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:13 am

***** 2018 Nationals *****

As promised at the last AGM, the announcement for who is hosting the 2018 Nationals was to be made at the end of February.

It is with smiles all around that I announce that WAG will be hosting this years Nationals.  

Further details.  Venue, pricing, structure to come in the next few weeks.    But for now, you can start sorting your accommodation, either in the Wellington Region, or the Porirua Area.  

Further details to come

Cheers

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 Nationals ***   Wed May 09, 2018 3:45 pm

We have secured a venue for this years Nationals. It will be at WAG's new FT venue Judgeford, Porirua.

If you book accommodation in the Porirua area, you will have at most a 15 minute drive out to the venue.
If you book accommodation in Wellington City, you will have a 25-30 minute drive out to the venue, mostly on the State Highway though.

Pricing will be $25.00 for 1 day of shooting. Either PCP or Spring Piston. $50.00 if your shooting both days.

If you are competing this year. Please go to the registration form linked below and fill out the requested info. Once you have registered, the venue's address will be sent to you. It is private property, and is not being published online.

Registration Form.
http://www.123formbuilder.com/form-3642569/Event-Registration-Form

Further updates, including the timings, format, to follow in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 Nationals ***   Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:14 pm

"Pricing will be $25.00 for 1 day of shooting. Either PCP or Spring Piston. $50.00 if your shooting both days".

Does this mean PCP shooters can have a practice on the course on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 Nationals ***   Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:06 pm

gecado22 wrote:
"Pricing will be $25.00 for 1 day of shooting. Either PCP or Spring Piston. $50.00 if your shooting both days".

Does this mean PCP shooters can have a practice on the course on Saturday?

Apologies, not a clear original post.

No as per previous years, the format of the Nationals is not being changed. So Springer on Saturday - PCP Sunday. PCP will not be able to practice on the course on Saturday.

If you are shooting "both days", means you are shooting Springer on the Saturday, and PCP on the Sunday. Otherwise choose which day and class you are shooting.

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 Nationals ***   Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:10 pm

Obviously this should be responded by the appropriate person...however

I would have thought, in the 'spirit of the game' all National course layouts should be unique.

In other words, no host club member/shooter from another club, will have practiced on any lane prior to the Sat Spring Piston/Sun PCP.

Being a PCP shooter, my legitimate solution was to set-up a spring piston & compete on the Saturday, to gain some appreciation for what to expect on the PCP Sun.

I understand how wording ambiguities/interpretations can be present, if not written by a legal mind.

Back to top Go down
nunga

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 Nationals ***   Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:45 am

i dont see the point having two different courses. 50 targets shot once yes, but two different courses no. i cant see any advantage for someone shooting that same course with a different gun the day before. New Zealand weather is the big factor here. no two days are the same. windy one day rain the next and sunshine the day after! it is very unlikely to get both days with exact some conditions. plus are you going to remember every target you shot and how you shot it the next day? i dont think so Smile just look now 25 targets shot twice is the morn. how many of you do better the second round? not many. was there any advantage?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kiwiairgunners.co.nz
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 Nationals ***   Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:14 pm

The plan at this stage is to have a 50 shot course.  Both days.   With very small changes for the Sunday PCP guys if at all.   

The wind at our venue, will challenge everyone. Whether it's a small breeze or blowing hard out.  Smile

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 Nationals ***   

Back to top Go down

*** 2018 Nationals ***
Page 1 of 1