HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

GP SERIES ROUND 3 WAGC URGENT NOTICE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shooter1

PostSubject: GP SERIES ROUND 3 WAGC URGENT NOTICE   Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:49 am

Because of recent complications, access and severe weather conditions I recently I advised the change of date for Round 3 of the GP Series to June 17th 2018.

But I have just been advised by another member that this date clashes with Round 4 of the competition to be held at Piako.

I advised the date of the 17th June on the forum on May 25th and am disappointed neither the President or Competition Secretary sought to advise me of the clash of dates with Piako's 4th round.

It has therefore been decided to cancel Round 3 INDEFINATELY.....My apologies for this but under the circumstances I have no choice.

Sometime ago Wagc suggested the GP Series be a Summer series being from October-April or similar as the weather in the Waikato can be very miserable and wet thus controlling just when we can shoot.

Therefore WAGC will not be involved in any further GP Series events unless NZAFTA decides to run a summer series of rounds!

Shooter
WAGC President
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES ROUND 3 WAGC URGENT NOTICE   Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:35 am

Firstly as Comp Sec, and on behalf of the Chairperson, I am, the BOGS, are not here to hold any clubs hand, nor to instruct them on how to schedule rounds.

2018 GP dates were agreed to by all clubs involved and posted online early in the year for the Northern Clubs.  Other members had access to the dates, as they were posted on here, FB,and two other forums.    

As Comp Sec, and on behalf of the  Chairperson and Secretary  I am, we are not responsible for monitoring and approving each and every single instance of "HOW" or "WHEN"  an individual club runs their agreed upon rounds, or if they have cancellations, how they make up their quota.

This is a clubs responsibility and is a collaborative effort, involving communication,  between the clubs in the Series.    

It has purposely been set out like this.     We are all big and some ugly enough to sort shit out offline, in a real conversation versus an online post.

If you have not checked the published list of dates before posting, or arranging an alternative date, and or contacted other clubs to collaborate on a date that does not clash,  that is not the Comp Sec's nor Chairpersons (Not President, as there is no such thing in NZAFTA) responsibility.  Other members had access to the same list of published dates.

You have an option to talk to the other clubs, and see if you can take one of their dates, for your “required” round, if not then that is your choice, but this choice must not disadvantage any member of any club.

Kuku has done exactly that when there was a clash identified.  They are holding a round of the Southern GP on one of their club days, no biggie, no dramas, happy llamas.   (I take responsibility for this clash of dates, as I posted the GP dates, without realising the Springer comp dates had been published.    But after a "Discussion" between Kuku and myself, the alternative arrangement was made).

A Summer series was suggested and talked about a while back, and even discussed back and forth between the current BOG’s when we were deciding on the current format of GP’s a year or so ago.

If a Summer Series was to be run not everyone would be able to make enough of those rounds in the small time frame to be fair to all.   Work and Real life commitments precluded most from attending, therefore it was decided to run the GP's over the course of a 12 month period allowing for more opportunities for shoots to be scheduled,  for cancellations due to bad weather days, lack of enthusiasm, and other various and trivial excuses.    As well as allowing for shooting in all weather conditions, not just in good weather.

New Zealand does not have the shooting numbers at present for a dedicated Summer Series, Winter Series, or a when people can be arsed turning up series.    It’s just a fact of numbers at present.  

This is a year round sport, and unless it’s dangerously bad weather then there is a level of expectation from all members that a scheduled shoot will take place.    People have organised days off work, travel arrangements, etc based on the published dates, or alternatively arranged dates.

Having said that we all understand cancellations due to “Weather bombs” such as the North Island is currently experiencing.  These instances are “out of our control” and understood however,

Cancelling and not making alternative arrangements or working with other clubs is something that will disadvantage members that are involved in the series already and have made arrangements, or are able to make changes.   And is something that will not be tolerated under the NZAFTA principles.

I take a hands off approach to the role of Comp Sec, at the moment as we don’t have the numbers to dictate otherwise, unlike the Comp Sec’s  for the EFTA, or WFTA.   Those guys handle everything.   We are not big enough for that to happen.   And I also happen to think that we are not in need of being hand held or micromanaged in how we run our affairs.  

So it is expected that Clubs, and their reps, or such like sort situations out between themselves.  

I hope you take the opportunity to talk with the other Northern Clubs, and arrange an alternative date for WAGC to host a round during the year, instead of no involvement due to a situation which is easily resovled.

Andrew

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES ROUND 3 WAGC URGENT NOTICE   Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:46 am

I totally understand what you are saying and yes I should of checked the calendar but I was frustrated with the horrible weather up here and was just trying to get a date to shoot the 3rd round and completely overlooked the calendar.

I just thought someone might have picked me up on my mistake...which it was!

I am happy to host another round but not until we have access and the weather conditions improve dramatically and god only knows when that may be!

So in the meantime I thought it best if we cancel the round to save any further issues.

Shooter
WAGC President
Back to top Go down
wyseyes

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES ROUND 3 WAGC URGENT NOTICE   Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Andrew C - "Dingoz" wrote:

New Zealand does not have the shooting numbers at present for a dedicated Summer Series, Winter Series, or a when people can be arsed turning up series.    It’s just a fact of numbers at present.  

Honestly, New Zealand does not have the shooting numbers at present for a Grand Prix Series.
Back to top Go down
Carlostrophe

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES ROUND 3 WAGC URGENT NOTICE   Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am

It’s only the likes of a GP series that will keep people involved. Personally, I’d like a NZ Masters series in the Summer months. I’ll explain all and how this works to all that are keen
Back to top Go down
Andrew C - "Dingoz"

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES ROUND 3 WAGC URGENT NOTICE   Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Carlostrophe wrote:
It’s only the likes of a GP series that will keep people involved. Personally, I’d like a NZ Masters series in the Summer months. I’ll explain all and how this works to all that are keen

Tell me more....Smile

Good be a good item to put on the agenda for AGM discussion...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Carlostrophe

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES ROUND 3 WAGC URGENT NOTICE   Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Let’s have a chat on the weekend
Back to top Go down
shooter1

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES ROUND 3 WAGC URGENT NOTICE   Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:00 am

A summer months Masters would be totally welcomed by WAGC

Shooter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GP SERIES ROUND 3 WAGC URGENT NOTICE   

Back to top Go down

GP SERIES ROUND 3 WAGC URGENT NOTICE
Page 1 of 1