NZAFTA
NZAFTA
NZAFTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NZAFTA

New Zealand Air Rifle Field Target Association

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2020 GP Series

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 10:57 pm

shooter1 wrote:
STILL NO RESULTS FROM THE PIAKO GP...TYPICAL!

WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO PUT UP RESULTS?

AFTER ALL IT WOULD PROBABLY ONLY TAKE ABOUT 5 MINS OUT OF SOMEONES DAY....

UHMMMM NZAFTA RIGHT ON TO IT.

I'll reply to this and explain the process for everyone's benefit again.

1. A shoot is held.
2. The results get emailed to me.
3. Sometimes I don't get the emails till a few days later. Mid week in some cases. This can be because the person sending these results works, and is busy themselves. This is not an issue. It's not an important thing. Patience is required.
4. If and only if I am not in the middle of my work roster, I work 6 on and 4 off, which requires me to be asleep during the day or night as required, I will open emails and action them. I don't devote every single waking minute to answering every single email I get.
5. Once I have the shoot results email open. I will check the shooters registered and update their score accordingly in the excel workbook I developed. I will send if necessary any query's back to the sender of the email, if any of the details are not able to clearly confirmed. Examples of this are handwriting not clear, or the score not clear. If I have had to send a query away, it will take further time for a reply to get back to me. Until this occurs I will not post the results. I want to be as accurate as possible.
6. Once I have the scoreboard updated. I take a screenshot of it, and save the image. I then upload it to the forum, and write the Match report, or copy the match report that has been sent. I also spell check, and make it all nice and legible for people to read.
7. Once I have all of this done, I double check it, and then post.

So in answer to your above post. I don't do slap bang, ugly looking table results. I spend quite a bit of time, making sure that what is posted comes out in a format which I take pride in, is semi professional format and the information is correct. It takes me more than 5 minutes.

I don't appreciate the constant posts, or direct messages, or the emails in capital letters demanding I read my emails. Or demanding results be posted on the forums. I have taken pride in being able to develop the scoreboard for NZAFTA as well as a few other applications.

I will post the results when all of the above steps have been completed. If this takes a few days, or even longer then that is what it takes.

I ask you for your patience, and to just take a moment and think about maybe there is more to what is going on than you realise. Results last year were up within 2-5 days following a shoot. Piako's shoot was on the 14th. Results up on the 19th. I had to clarify a shooters name and scores as per the above.

Thanks

Andrew

Back to top Go down

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 7:07 pm

Thanks Earle, you beat me to it. I've been ill and not near my computer to do this.

The main score board has been updated.

Back to top Go down
cleanerman

cleanerman

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 7:01 pm

The shoot results from the Piako GP in the weekend.

PCP
Blair. 42
Lisa. 7 one round shot

Spring
Earle. 39
Dean. 28
Back to top Go down

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 8:04 am

STILL NO RESULTS FROM THE PIAKO GP...TYPICAL!

WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO PUT UP RESULTS?

AFTER ALL IT WOULD PROBABLY ONLY TAKE ABOUT 5 MINS OUT OF SOMEONES DAY....

UHMMMM NZAFTA RIGHT ON TO IT.
Back to top Go down

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 3:44 pm

That's great. Agreed
Who is organising all that? Dunno
Is there a need to assign tasks to others so that everything is ready to go? Definitely
And plenty of time to organise it? As of today 128 days
Back to top Go down
Pauly5

Pauly5

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 7:02 pm

That's great. Who is organising all that? Is there a need to assign tasks to others so that everything is ready to go, and plenty of time to organise it?
Back to top Go down

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Nationals are being planned to go ahead. Smile

Back to top Go down
Pauly5

Pauly5

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 7:24 pm

What is happening about the Nationals too?
Back to top Go down

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 10:37 pm

I sneeze, I fart, sometimes I even wet my pants doing both. Where has this decision been forwarded to the legit NZAFTA Clubs for discussion?

While many Sport NZ fraternities have planned ahead for when we emmerge from Covid 19, the BOG have finally awaken with this dictorial anouncement.

Sorry BOG, this 'spanks!'

Please re-think, before NZ FT plummets further towards total apathy.

While Southern shooter's heeled to the premature cancellation of 643FT's Queen's Birithday double header. I was surprised Waikato's lucretive team shoot was cancelled thru lack of interest. Why are Northern Shooter's shy to a short trip South of the Bombay Hills?

When NZ last held the 2014 Worlds...we regathered from the 'dust' & shot two days of 80 targets. Not-one international shooter complained, we all just got on & did our 'bit'.  

BOG please work to the calendar year. Plan, devise creatively & communicate...don't frustrate.

Shoot straight. Not this ready, fire, aim stuff...

Cheers, Brandon.
Back to top Go down

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 9:55 pm

Update to GP Series for 2020

Competitions can recommence now that we are in Level 1 and restrictions have been lifted.

There is no need for a club to keep a contact log. This is down to the individual if they so choose to keep a record of their travels.

Although common sense still dictates that if you are unwell, or are showing Flu/Cold like symptoms please stay home, and not put your fellow shooters at risk.

The 2020 GP series will be extended to include the first 3-4 months of 2021. To make up for the shooting we have lost due to COVID. An email is going out to the clubs asking if they can sort some dates out, and return them to the COMP Sec, so these can be put on the forums.

Will update further when I have more.

Back to top Go down

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 4:19 pm

Okay so I had my arse verbally kicked today by the Forum Administrator's keyboard.

Shit it was worth every penny and didn't hurt a bit, the Forum's now looking 'spic n' span'.

Well done Mr Administrator.

Back to top Go down

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Pretty obvious, 'everything' must stop until further notice from the PM.

What is concerning me....NZ still has 100,000 foreign tourists here. Many don't give a damn, they are freedon camping & bludging off our vulnerability. Some are working partime crop-picking & could be unwittingly spreading the virus.

Any overseas travel within the next year would be crazy. Just immagine when Covid 19 series 2 rears it head!

I'm hopeful during this time of home stay, that the Forum Administrator('s) finally get into the long over-due 'housework clean-up'.

I for one have not been a WAG Member, or Moderator for many years yet there I am on the home page.

Pinkmist's head-line posted 2016.....should be either achived or deleted.

The For Sale topic, is well & truely constipated with dead turds.

Yep I'm miffed, frustrated & angry that NZ could have been in safer situation had all recent overseas visitors been properly managed as potential virus carriers, before being allowed to disperse amongst us.

My advice....talk to your neighbour's & see if they are happy for you to set-up private home air gun plinking areas. Stay safe, drink deep exhale safely.
Back to top Go down
nunga

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Whats going to happen now that we are going to go into lockdown? plus whats going on with the worlds this year? is it still on? it would be good to know these things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kiwiairgunners.co.nz

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 1:25 pm

I will update the Shooters Registered here once I have received details: 

Southern:
Errol Mann - Southern - PCP
Andrew Collins - Southern - PCP
Paul Blades - Southern - PCP
Dave Johnston - Southern - PCP
Andrew Jurgens - Southern - PCP
Brandon Syme - Southern - PCP

Richard Ousey - Southern - Spring Piston

Northern: 

Lisa Hawkes - Northern - PCP
Scott Townsend - Northern - PCP
Carl Robinson - Northern - PCP
Andy Evans - Northern - PCP
Ross Geange - Northern - PCP
Rob Dyer - Northern - PCP
Carl Robinson - Northern - PCP
Ryan Sam - Northern - PCP

Earle Hawkes - Northern - Spring Piston
Dean Hawkes - Northern - Spring Piston
Brian Andrews - Northern - Spring Piston
Back to top Go down
Total SS
Forum Admin
Total SS

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 9:59 am

Entry done. Let's go.
Back to top Go down

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 9:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2020 NZAFTA GP Series
Welcome everyone to another year of shooting.   The GP series is about to kick off.    It’s the same format as the last couple of years.  The Best 6 Scores, for a shooter over the series will decide the placings.
·       Highest Score on the day gets 1000 points
·       Every other score is a percentage of this using.
o  38 Example  (your score)/50 example (highest score)*1000  = 760
·       At the end of the GP series, your best 6 Scores will be added together to determine your placings.

Please go to this form and register please.   So the scoreboard can be populated with the shooters for this year.    It’s also so I can send out some pre-formatted score sheets, which makes the recording easier than having to decipher peoples handwriting.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(If the link does not work for you, please email me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].nz and I will add you to the scoreboard. (I need your region, and what your shooting, PCP, Spring,Sporter)

Fees for this year, are different than previous.   It’s $5.00 per shooter per round shot.   The hosting club will collect and deposit into the NZAFTA account at the end of each round.    12-3141-0101976-51

The dates for this year of shooting as far we have to date are:

Northern Series:
March 15th Round 1 – Hosted by WAGC
March 22nd Round 2 – Hosted by NHAGC
14th June Round 3 – Hosted by PIAKO
28th June Round 4 – Needs to be taken by another club - WAGC not hosting this round
6th September Round 5 – Hosted by HFTC
18th October Round 6 – Hosted by NHAGC
(There may be additional rounds throughout the year).

If your scheduled round can not be completed for any reason, please re schedule so that people are not missing out on shooting opportunities, just don't cancel outright.  

There are also 2 Rounds being held at 643FT on Queens Birthday weekend which will count for either region.  
Which are Saturday 30th May and Sunday 31st May, Queens Birthday is the Monday. 

Southern Series:
 No set dates apart from the Queens Birthday shoots. 
KUKU will advertise their GP shoots on the Forum, these are likely to be the first Sunday in the month, also to avoid clashes with any other club or scheduled event.
WAG will be doing the same thing, with their shoots being held on alternate Sundays in the month to avoid clashes with KUKU, or any other scheduled event.  Will let you know in advance via forum posts which days will be GP's.  

Preliminary Dates for WAG. 

March 15th 
April 12th
May 24th
Jun 21st
Jul 12th
Aug 09th
Sep 20th
Oct 11th
October 18th (National last chance shoot)

October 24th and 25th = Nationals

Nov 29th
Dec 20th (Xmas shoot and BBQ)

So please fill out the registration form, dust off the rifles, air out the shooting jackets, lube up your pellets and I hope to see some good scores coming through.    

Match reports, scoresheets, (and photo's if you take them), to be sent to the Comp Sec at the completion of a round, so that the scoreboard can be updated and posted.  

Last edited by Andrew C on Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2020 GP Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 GP Series   2020 GP Series Empty

Back to top Go down

2020 GP Series
Page 1 of 1